[Users] The routing function of OpenVZ node

niu xinli niuxinli1989 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 07:17:38 EST 2011

 Hi,
   I am a newer to OpenVZ. We plan to use OpenVZ to build a virtual network
to test our program. Since the vitual machines share a common kernel,I am
wondering how is the routing function implemented?

    For example,I create three nodes A,B and C. Config B as a route on the
path from A to C. Then when A sends a packet to C,it will go through B. But
does B know that there is a packet passing through it? If B does,how can he
know that? Because the packet is forworded in the kernel space.
   Thanks very much if anyone can give me some tips.

  Best Regards
  Xinli Niu