[Users] Heavy Disk IO from a single VM can block the other VMs on the same host

Kirill Korotaev dev at parallels.com
Thu Dec 1 12:27:49 EST 2011

That's most likely due to a single file system used for containers - journal becomes a bottleneck.
fsync forces journal flushes and other workloads begin to wait for journal... In reality workload looks like this are typical for
heavy loaded databases or mail systems only.

How to improve:
- increase journal size
- split file systems, i.e. run each container from it's own file system

Thanks,
Kirill