[Users] More on making an OpenVZ template

Sam Trenholme strenholme.usenet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:12:08 EDT 2011

The actual deed of concatenating the Bash-only script with the
distribution-specific script run by vzctl is done by the read_script()
function in src/lib/script.c.  read_script() is, in turn, called by
vps_exec_script() in src/lib/exec.c; vps_exec_script() is called from
several places.

The offending script has the name DIST_FUNC whenever it is used to
specify the offending function in vps_exec_script().  DIST_FUNC is
specified in include/dist.h.

Yes, the code is spaghetti code; it took me hours to unravel all of this.

The best solution to this issue would be to replace DIST_FUNC with a
parameter that can be controlled by the /etc/vz/dists/${distname}.func
configuration file.

- Sam