[Users] Openvz Containers Resource Usage

Joseph Begumisa j.begumisa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:07:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a server with specs 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 4GB Swap and Intel Core 2
Quad CPU @ 2.83GHz and currently have 20 containers.  I'm running
the 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5.028stab070.5PAE kernel.

Is there a command I can run to see resource usage on the hardware node?
 What would happen if all hardware node resources are used up and how can I
prevent that from happening?  This is a sample of one of my container
configurations.  I'm still reading through the man pages to better see how
to optimize resource usage, however, i'd appreciate it if anyone with more
experience than me can point out the main configuration options below I
should focus on.  Thanks.

---START---
KMEMSIZE="11055923:11377049"
LOCKEDPAGES="432:432"