[Users] Re: NAT inside a container?

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Tue Sep 7 10:48:12 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to NAT 2 networks, one is a VPN with TUN, the other is the internet.

> [CT121]# iptables -t nat -L
> WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
> belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
> FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
> iptables v1.4.8: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not
> exist (do you need to insmod?)
> Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
>
> Do you know if it is possible to use NAT inside a container?

I have just added this to my /etc/vz/vz.conf:

IPTABLES="iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_limit ipt_multiport
ipt_tos ipt_TOS ipt_REJECT ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_LOG
ipt_length ip_conntrack ip_conntrack_ftp ip_conntrack_irc
ipt_conntrack ipt_state ipt_helper iptable_nat ip_nat_ftp ip_nat_irc
ipt_REDIRECT"

And restarted the CT121, no need to restart with /etc/init.d/vz restart.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403