[Users] Multiple level 1 Quotas possible?

Hubert Krause hubert.krause at inform-ac.com
Mon Sep 6 07:30:21 EDT 2010

Hello list,

I try to migrade a "real" server into an OpenVZ container. This server utilize
different Partions vor tmp and var, to make them more robust against
programs "going wild". Now I try some similar setup with OpenVZ. The only
solution seem to create extra partitions on the host system (VE0) and mount
them while starting the VM into the root filesystem hierarchy.

But I like to use simple quotas to be more flexible. AFAIK there is only one
quota setting for the whole System, but not for distinct folders inside the
vm. Is it possible to build a vm with this "partition feature" mentioned
above, but without the use of extra partitions?

Best regards,

Hubert
--
Hubert Krause