[Users] Trouble w/ OOM-Killers

gregwm openvz at greatlakedata.com
Wed Oct 6 11:12:45 EDT 2010

my experience w spamassin a couple yrs back was blooming memory consumption,
easily 4x or more of usual usage, whenever the cron jobs were trying to
update things.  b4 i gave up on it entirely and switched to googleapps one
of the tweaks that helped a bit was killing off spamassassin at the start of
the cron jobs and relaunching it at the end.