[Users] Re: network problems: eth0: received packet with own address as source address

frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Thu May 20 03:14:11 EDT 2010

Hi again,
I have more specific information about this.

Problem seems to be related with the addition of veth to bridge
interface. Main Host interface eth0 is joined to a bridge in startup in
order to VEs can join its veths to the same subnet. This bridge has the
host IP, and it takes its MAC from eth0. But when a VE is started, its
veth is joined to the same bridge, and the bridge changes its MAC to
veth one !! That's when network problems start.

I have made some tests in other servers, and there, bridge MAC remain as
eth0 MAC all the time, it does not change with veth additions.
I don't know why bridge MAC change when a new veth is joined.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Frank

Al 19/05/10 18:00, En/na users-request at openvz.org ha escrit:

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,