[Users] network problems: eth0: received packet with own address as source address

frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Wed May 19 03:34:31 EDT 2010

Hi,
we have two nodes with Red Hat 5.4 and OpenVZ, sharing a GFS filesystem.
kernel is 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5.028stab068.9PAE
We are having problems with VEs network some time ago. We have 40 VEs,
some of them with venet interfaces and some with veths.
Problem seems to be with veths ones.
Sometimes Nodes seems to frozen intermitently, and in the logs we see
messages like

eth0: received packet with  own address as source address
eth1: received packet with  own address as source address

We have reviewed network configurations, MAC addresses, and so on, but
we don't see anything wrong.

For instance, now we are in a situation where we have one VE with two
veths running in one node, and if we move it to the other one,
the other node starts to froze and a lot of messages like later  ones
(wrong packets)  appear.

We are quite worried with this, so any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,