[Users] Capturing the PID of every VE during startup / shutdown.

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun May 16 13:31:05 EDT 2010

On Sun, 16 May 2010, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> We are currently looking into doing more monitoring and management of our VEs
> from the hardware node, and as part of that we would like to have access to a
> reasonably reliable mapping of VE id to VE init process PID on the host node.

Hi Daniel.  Would vzps do what you want?   It wasn't in the Lenny packages
IIRC but can still be installed.

Also, we're using collectd (http://http://www.collectd.org/) for system
monitoring and it has an OpenVZ plugin which causes the HN collectd
instance to collect per VE stats without any additional configuration.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver (OFTC & Freenode)
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world