[Users] Capturing the PID of every VE during startup / shutdown.

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun May 16 10:08:17 EDT 2010

Thorsten Schifferdecker <tsd at debian.systs.org> writes:

> a simple solution can be, take a look to /proc of running contaier from ct0.

[...]

> $ awk '{ print $1 }' /var/lib/vz/root/20123/proc/1/stat
> 28858
> ^_real pid at ct0

root at openvz01:~# awk '{ print $1 }' /var/lib/vz/root/200/proc/1/stat
1
root at openvz01:~# uname -r
2.6.26-bpo.2-openvz-686

Alas, it looks like that doesn't work on this version of OpenVZ, at least.

Still, thanks for the pointer.  I will investigate and see if there is
something useful I can locate in that regard...

        Daniel