[Users] strange network problem

Dragomir Zhelev drago at delta.bg
Mon Mar 15 11:39:22 EDT 2010

Hi all :) ,

 The problem is, that as containers are working, the network to someone
or more than one stops. it is not necessary that the container is one
and the same everytime. When I run ping to the container from the host
node, there is no reply.I can enter the container with "vzctl enter
XXX", but the problem stays.
 The problem is fixed when I execute ""/sbin/ifdown venet0 && /sbin/ifup
venet0".
 Sometimes this doesn't help, because in 1 min, another container could
stop. Sometimes it works normally for day or two without any problems,
but after that it could start happening every 5 mins.
I use the latest version of "centos" which is updated until the last
update available. The kernel is Linux ufo.myhost.com
2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.028stab068.3 #1 SMP Wed Feb 17 15:22:30 MSK 2010
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have iptables rules only in FORWARD filter table and this rules are -j
ACCEPT for traffic counting all other tables and rules are flush and
with -P ACCEPT

Regards.