[Users] dvd drive access

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jun 30 12:46:34 EDT 2010

Richard,

----- Original Message -----
> I have a CentOS 5.5 container that needs access to a usb dvd drive
> I setup the device file, the fstab entry, and the mount point
> I can mount the dvd as a regular user but not umount
> umount: only root can unmount /dev/dvd from /mnt/dvd
> Root can umount it just fine
> How do I go about tracking this down
>
> Richard

Just going through my email trying to clean it up some and noticed this... that I had previously overlooked.  I've not tried to do what you are doing so I'm not sure about the best solution... but one would be to use sudo in the container and give the desired user sudo access to umount so they can do what they need.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street