[Users] ipt_MASQUERADE

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Fri Jun 4 10:25:19 EDT 2010

~ uname -a
Linux XXX 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5.028stab069.6 #1 SMP Wed May 26 18:31:05 MSD 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've googled a bit and it seems that everyone claims that
ipt_MASQUERADE isn't virtualized, and indeed if I add it to vz.cnf
under IPTABLES=, all tools are complaining that it is unknown

BUT! ;)

if I load the module manually in the HN (modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE),
masquerading works as advertised in the container.

So, is MASQUERADE virtualized or not? It seems to be, but I may be
missing something.

What is the proper way to load ipt_MASQUERADE in the container?