[Users] Migration after kernel upgrade

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jun 9 22:37:26 EDT 2010

Alexander,

----- Original Message -----
> I'm wondering about the kernel version requirements when migrating a
> container from one HN to another HN.
> Will it be possible to migrate the container online to the idle HN
> after the kernel upgrade?
>
> If not, how am I supposed to prevent downtime to this container
> without missing critical kernel upgrades?

Also wanted to mention that even in those cases where a host node is being fussy and doesn't want to do a live migration, offline works fine.  Downtime is usually pretty minimal.  Just depends on how long it takes the processes to start in your container and often that is 30-60 seconds but your mileage may vary.  Do a few migrations, play with it, and see what you think.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street