[Users] OpenVZ inside VMware?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 13 08:47:14 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 11:52 +0000, Martin Maurer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am used to test our Proxmox VE (the OpenVZ part) using vmware workstation and on esxi.
> I got basically no issues, but you must be prepared for performance loss, I/O and network - especially  if you stress the whole vmware system by multiple guests. I cannot provide any figures but depending on the used storage backend you will see what I mean ...

Given that our current physical hosts only a have a gigabit uplink,
whereas the blade hardware, where our VMware virtual machines are going
to run have a 10GB uplink (of course, sharing it with other VMs, but
still), I am confident, that this _probably_ won't be the culprit. I
guess we'll start running a VZ HN with only very few VEs first, to see
how it behaves.

Thanks for the hints.

Roman