[Users] OpenVZ inside VMware?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Jul 13 07:52:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am used to test our Proxmox VE (the OpenVZ part) using vmware workstation and on esxi.
I got basically no issues, but you must be prepared for performance loss, I/O and network - especially  if you stress the whole vmware system by multiple guests. I cannot provide any figures but depending on the used storage backend you will see what I mean ...

Br, martin