[Users] CIFS/SMBFS inside a container?

Marc Olive marc.olive at grupblau.com
Wed Dec 1 10:32:40 EST 2010

On Wednesday 01 December 2010 16:08:25 Juris Krumins wrote:
> Can you please post container configuration, where is possible to use
> mount.cifs command from inside of container.
> As far as I know it's not possible. SMB server is something conpletely
> different that support for CIFS mounts from other servers.

I do not have a VE mounting CIFS, but a samba server.
I did a fast test inside a VE, with no other specific configuration than the
VETH:

~# aptitude install samba-client
~# smbtree
Password:
BLAU
	\\TEST           		samba test server
		\\TEST\IPC$           	IPC Service (samba test server)
		\\TEST\TEST           	Testing
		\\TEST\PROJECTES      	GESTIO I DOCUMENTACIO DE PROJECTES

The Samba server and the Samba client are different VEs in the same server.
If smbtree works, mount.cifs should also work, shouldn't it?

Regards,

--

Marc Olivé
Grup Blau