[Users] Vzmigration nightmare, ssh bug

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:36:06 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I had a terrible time migrating containers from one hardware not to
another.  I ran into the ssh bug with the public key not being
accepted error:

error: RSA_public_decrypt failed: error:0407006A:lib(4):func(112):reason(106)

It was so random, migrating 50 containers, some would work and some
migrations would prompt for the ssh password, truley random.  I had to
migrate some containers several times before the ssh session would
establish and complete.

I have 4 hardware nodes running Debian Etch with
2.6.18-14-fza-686-bigmem kernel with:
libssl0.9.8                            0.9.8c-4etch9
ssh                                    4.3p2-9etch3
openssh-server                         4.3p2-9etch3

These are the lates versions in the etch repository. So no upgrade was
available.

The strange thing is while migration between HN 1 & 2 was very
problematic, migration between HN 4 & 5 worked as expected.  All 4
nodes were built on the same day, same hardware and all have matching
package versions and configuration.

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue?  Would upgrading to
Lenny fix this problem?  Could I just update SSH and SSL from the
Lenny repository, would that resolve this?

Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks.
JR
--