[Users] Bug #862 also in vzlist?

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Nov 9 10:07:16 EST 2009

Daniel Lüdeking wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know whether bug#862 [1] and/or surpressing warnings to
> stderr is to be solved in vzlist, too?
>
> I'm not quite familiar with the openvz community and development
> activities so I'm afraid to ask who is responsible for the tool vzlist?
>
> Those warnings for unknown iptables modules can't be surpressed via 2>/
> dev/null at the moment. Any hints?
> It has been fixed for vzctl in current version 3.0.23 and works perfect.

(1) Such things should go directly into bugzilla. You could have
reopened the bug in question.

(2) I am unable to reproduce it using either latest vzctl from git, or
vzctl-3.0.23 from Gentoo.
Both gives me this:

dionysos ~ # vzlist
Warning: Unknown iptable module: ipt_recent, skipped
      CTID      NPROC STATUS  IP_ADDR
HOSTNAME
        60          7 running x.x.x.x         yyyy.openvz.org
      1002          5 running z.z.z.z
-
dionysos ~ # vzlist 2>/dev/null
      CTID      NPROC STATUS  IP_ADDR
HOSTNAME
        60          7 running x.x.x.x         yyyy.openvz.org
      1002          5 running z.z.z.z
-
dionysos ~ # vzlist 2>out
      CTID      NPROC STATUS  IP_ADDR
HOSTNAME
        60          7 running x.x.x.x         yyyy.openvz.org
      1002          5 running z.z.z.z
-
dionysos ~ # cat out
Warning: Unknown iptable module: ipt_recent, skipped
dionysos ~ #

See, warning really goes into stderr.