[Users] Directory structure of VE on host

Andrew Boag red at red.geek.nz
Tue Mar 10 08:55:39 EDT 2009

I'm running openvz on an ubuntu 8.0.6 server box. Working well and I'm
really enjoying being able to script up new VE's when I need them.

I'm just trying to figure out the contents of /var/lib/vz (where I'm
storing the VE's)

I see 'private' and 'root' which both look like the file system of the
VE. (they contain the VE ID number, then what looks like the file system
of the VE).

If I wanted to back up the file system of the VE (happy to stop the VE
while the happens), what should I back up???

Or can someone explain the difference between private and root?

Cheers