[Users] problem with console device in a VE

frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Thu Jul 16 02:38:54 EDT 2009

Hi,
we have legato backup agent installed on a VE, but when we try to start
it we get the following messages:

[root at radi log]# /etc/init.d/networker start
/etc/init.d/networker: line 20: /dev/console: No such device
/etc/init.d/networker: line 20: /dev/console: No such device
/etc/init.d/networker: line 20: /dev/console: No such device
/etc/init.d/networker: line 45: /dev/console: No such device
[root at radi log]#

Reading other OpenVZ device issues, we have try to give permissions to
VE on the device with the following
executed on global Host:

vzctl set 120 --devices c:5:1:rw --save

But it is the same. The only thing which works is to substitute console
device for a regular file:

rm /dev/console
touch /dev/console

Then it works until next VE restart; after that console device is
recreated and it fails again.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,