[Users] Firewall on HN or VE?

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Jul 9 16:44:40 EDT 2009

We do the firewall confguration on the HN, not in the VE. This keeps it
safely out of the customers' hands and in our centralized control.

By "safely out of their hands" I mean not only the customers'
inexpertise, but also accidental deletion/chmoding of the firewall
script in their VE, or a hacker modifying/dropping the firewall.

But if you WANT for your customers in their VEs to self-manage their
firewalls, having it in the VE would be just the ticket.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security