[Users] OS template creation - which directories and files need to be excluded

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Jan 6 13:28:18 EST 2009

Ilan,

----- ilan at wserv.co.il wrote:
> I would like to create OS template base on dedicated server.
>
> Which directories need to be excluded ?
>
> Which files need to be excluded ?

Have you checked out the various wiki pages related to OS Template creation?  You didn't mention which Linux distro you were working with so I'm including the top level link to the Templates catagory on the wiki:

http://wiki.openvz.org/Category:Templates

There you will find many links with the word "creation" in them for the various distros.  There are many similarities between distros but there are a few steps that are distro specific.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street