[Users] Re: vzsplit does not work

Alexander Prinsier aphexer at mailhaven.com
Tue Jan 6 12:46:39 EST 2009

Scott Dowdle wrote:
> The current version of vzctl is 3.0.23.  Historically the packages provided by Debian have not been very good... mainly because they don't update them.  As a result the OpenVZ project has a repo of Debian packages.  If you want to use Debian on your host node I'd recommend using the packages provided by the OpenVZ project.

That's the reason why I switched to CentOS for the hardware nodes... The
packages for openvz are more up to date there. (And I needed a recent
feature at that time).

Remember you have to be using the exact same kernel on all hardware
nodes if you plan to use online migration. That rules out mixing eg
centos and debian.

Alexander