[Users] Re: OpenVZ Resource Utilisation Calculator

Gus Power gus at energizedwork.com
Wed Dec 16 05:36:51 EST 2009

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your feedback.

I had a conversation with Alexander from openwall (who provided some v.useful feedback) on the same subject. The calculator uses the calculations as detailed on the OpenVZ wiki; however the underlying assumption that a virtual memory page allocation == real memory page usage seems not to apply in many circumstances; that's not to say that there isn't a relationship, it's just not 1:1 and not necessarily linear.

How do people out there calculate their utilisation in the field? Should the OpenVZ wiki be updated?

Gus.