[Users] Re: OpenVZ Resource Utilisation Calculator

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Wed Dec 16 04:47:18 EST 2009

Gus Power <gus at energizedwork.com>
writes:

> It's just a first cut; glad you liked it.
>
> If you have any feedback/suggestions we'd be glad to hear it.

I think you should be using oomguarpages instead of privvmpages as the
measure of utilization as this is the real limit that will cause
something to be killed.

Quite often I set privvmpages very high because Java JVMs like to
allocate RAM without ever using it, so in your calculations my hosts
look 50 times overutilized, when in fact they are nowhere near.