[Users] gettimeofday() errors on an openvz-based VPS

Bloke bloke at oxfordcomputerworkshop.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 12:22:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have an openvz-based VPS running Centos 5.2.

Increasingly, the Dovecot IMAP service is returning 'Time moved backwards' errors, which on further research appear to be due to incorrect results returned by the system when the gettimeofday() function is called.

It is discussed on the dovecot wiki http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-June/031548.html