[Users] entering a VE

Marco d'Itri md at linux.it
Wed Apr 15 10:17:22 EDT 2009

Can somebody explain the exact roles of setluid() and of the
VZCTL_ENV_CREATE ioctl or point me to documentation?

I am trying to write a replacement of "vzctl enter", but my ultimate
goal is to write a PAM module which can be used by cron/ssh/etc running
in the HN to switch to the VE context. The code will be GPL'ed.
(If anybody believes that this cannot work then it is the right time to
say it...)

I also do not understand well the issues related to open file
descriptors: why does vzctl use pipes between the two processes for
stdin/out/err?
Will anything change if stdin/out/err are connected to sockets instead
of ttys?

--
ciao,
Marco