[Users] Oracle on a VE(Solved)

Frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Thu Apr 2 02:42:51 EDT 2009

Hi Konstantin,
as you told me swap was the only problem you had, I focused on that. I
found the "--meminfo none" VE setting that makes VE sees memory as host
system. With this, there was no more internals error, just "not enough
memory errors" than you can fix adjusting oracle memory settings. At
last,I got it! I have oracle 11 installed and working on the VE!

The only thing I'm not sure about is if using "--meminfo none" setting on
the VE is a good idea or it can be dangerous in any way, because with this
the VE has the same memory limits as host sustem, and perhaps that can
lead to problems.

What do you think?
Regards.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,