[Users] Re: Some questions about veth devices in OpenVZ

Suno Ano suno.ano at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 12 01:46:52 EDT 2008

 Santi> I need to setup a veth device inside a CT to install a DHCP
 Santi> server..

check the URL (Uniform Resource Locator), there is some wikipage about
setting up such DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) setup
http://wiki.openvz.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Networking&oldid=1521

 Santi> - I want to set up a veth for a CT, I need a dedicated NIC for
 Santi>   each CT?

no, one NIC (Network Interface Card) might do as well if you configure a
bridge

 Santi> # Vzctl set 3001 --netif_add eth0 --save

what you specified below (inside the VE) can be specified with the above
line already (check out the man page i.e. vzctl --> --netif_add)

 Santi> # Ifconfig eth0 a.b.c.d netmask 255.255.255.0 up route add
 Santi> # default gw a.b.c.1 eth0