[Users] 2.6.26-ovz.bulgakov question

seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 17 14:31:11 EDT 2008

During last days I've got in dmesg a lot of records about tasks blocked for more than 120 seconds in /var/log/messages, 11605 times.
I have seen that some of graphic applications became unresponsible. the tasks are:
   2321 times: konsole
   4642 times: plasma
   2321 times: xfce4-menu-plug
   2321 times: xfdesktop
I have nvidia graphics card with drivers installed by NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-177.80-pkg2.run
Then yeseterday night I've pulled recent changes from git.openvz.org/pub/linux-2.6.26-openvz and recompiled the kernel.
It looks like these problems disappeared, I have not seen any such message in dmesg or in /var/log/message and have not seen locks in graphical applications.

--
   Sergey.

----- seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org wrote:

> I have compiled and installed 2.6.26-ovz.bulgakov pulled from git
> after commit 777e8164ebf8a03e43511983cdec472f8691a8af
> It's working fine, running 2 VE, one with heavy java applications
> (zimbra).
> I have one strange message in /var/log/messages,  "BUG: soft lockup -
> CPU#0 stuck for 63s! [java:30192]", I will add the whole text at the
> bottom of the mail.
> At that time I saw non-zero failcnt for this VE and increased some
> parameter for VE, I don't remember which one.
> Is it an openvz problem? Should I file it into bugzilla?

[skip]