[Users] hardware node hangs when shutting down last VE

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:38:53 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm using Debian 2.6.18-openvz-13-1etch4-686 kernel.  The situation is this:
I run several VE's, all the same, on a hardware node, I can shutdown
all VE's consecutively with no problem eccept when I get to the last
VE, the hardware node hangs and displays a stack trace on the display.

I've tried shutting down the VE's in different order to see if a
particular VE is causing this issue and the same results happen
regardless of what VE is last.

The same thing occurs during a migration, all VE's migrate except for
the last one.  Hardware node hangs and must be manually rebooted.

I can reliably reproduce this every time and on different hardware nodes.

Here is the syslog output:

http://pastebin.com/mf11806e

You can see 3 VE's shutting down ok, then on the 4'th VE the node hangs.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

JR