[Users] unable to migrate / checkpoint

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Oct 2 02:09:00 EDT 2008

Scott Dowdle wrote:
> I think there is a quota file on the filesystem that can be moved
 > too... but if you don't, it'll just make a new one...

FYI:
The quota files are in /var/vzquota However, each quota file has the
pathname inside it, so if you rename the quota file it is no longer
valid. And if you get clever and modify the binary file, it breaks the
checksum and invalidates it anyway.

Either way, you will have to sit through vzquota init and start, which
can be VERY tedious if you deal with 100-200 GB VPSs like I do.

But you may want to delete the old quota file, in case you reuse the ID#
later.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA