[Users] unable to migrate / checkpoint

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Oct 2 01:54:27 EDT 2008

Jesse,

----- "jesse keys" <jesse at teranetworks.de> wrote:
> > root at frontend:~# vzctl chkpnt 2
>
> VEIDs < 101 are not supported. Had the same problem a while ago,
> because i didn't read the openvz guide correctly (:x).

Wow, *THAT* is all it was?  I hope so because that is easy to fix.

> Someone mentioned a tool that could fix the ids, but i haven't found
> it yet. perhaps someone else in here can lighten us up?

1) Stop container
2) mv /vz/private/{currentID} /vz/private/{newID}
3) mv /etc/vz/conf/{currentID}.conf /etc/vz/conf/{newID}.conf
4) Start container

I think there is a quota file on the filesystem that can be moved too... but if you don't, it'll just make a new one... so I don't think it is that big of a deal.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street