[Users] iptables not working in VE (kernel 2.6.24-6-fza-686)

albinootje albinootje at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:30:28 EST 2008

Adem wrote:

> I'm using for both the host OS (HN) and guest OS (VE) the same
> OS (Debian 5 aka Lenny); both are updated, upgraded and dist-upgraded,
> ie. they both are uptodate with the latest official release.
> The problem is: iptables does not work in the VE.

There is *no* official release of Debian Lenny yet.

Read : http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/

Debian Lenny was expected to be released in October this year,
but because of a *lot* of critical bugs not being fixed yet,
the release is delayed.

This might be the answer to your question :
http://download.swsoft.com/virtuozzo/virtuozzo4.0/docs/en/lin/VzLinuxUG/6168.htm

> This is the VE, entered in 'goebbels mode' :-) :
> goebbels:~/cfg# cat /proc/net/ip_tables_matches

Is this a supposedly funny reference to WW-II ? :(

Regards,
A.