[Users] Re: Setting UB params where / how ?

Adem for-gmane at alicewho.com
Thu Nov 20 19:39:06 EST 2008

Thanks people!
It now works!  :-)
Here's how I did:
I copied one of the sample configs in /etc/vz/conf to vps.basic
as specified in /etc/vz/vz.conf, and used the following script of mine:

##################
# mkVE.sh
#
vzctl stop    101
vzctl destroy 101
rm -f /etc/vz/conf/101.conf.destroyed
#
# do not specifiy the "tar.gz" at end!
#vzctl create 101 --ostemplate debian-4.0-i386-minimal.tar.gz
vzctl create 101 --ostemplate debian-4.0-i386-minimal
vzctl set    101 --ipadd 192.168.1.151 --nameserver 192.168.1.254 --save
vzctl start  101
# --> it will be created in /vz/private/101
##################

Then I did 'vzctl enter 101' (ie. the so called "goebbels" mode :-),
and saw that I unfortunately can ping only the HN...
The solution of this problem was to modify the file /etc/sysctl.conf.
Now, it seems to work ok, and I can go on to create my own template
the easy way by just updating the template OS to the current official version...
This should be easy...

"Scott Dowdle" wrote:
> Adem,
>
> If you don't specify a --config {sample config} flag for vzctl create it is supposed to go with whatever default config is
specified in the vz.conf file... which is usually: