[Users] Setting UB params where / how ?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Nov 20 18:46:06 EST 2008

Adem,

If you don't specify a --config {sample config} flag for vzctl create it is supposed to go with whatever default config is specified in the vz.conf file... which is usually:

CONFIGFILE="vps.basic"

Perhaps you created a container somehow without specifying a config and the default was set incorrectly.  In any event you can either:

vzctl set {CTID} --applyconfig {sample config} --save

That will take the settings from an existing config and apply them to your container's config file...

...or you can manually set each thing with:

vzctl set {CTID} --{parameter} {value:value} --save

...or you can manually edit the config, add in the config items, etc.

----- "Adem" <for-gmane at alicewho.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed openvz (ie. booted with an openvz kernel,
> here 2.6.24-6-fza-686 for Debian GNU/Linux 5 aka Lenny),
> and created a first container.
> But it does not start yet because some UB params aren't set yet.
> Where can I set the UB parameters like kmemsize etc. (cf. below)?

> Creating container private area (debian-4.0-i386-minimal)
> Performing postcreate actions
> Container private area was created
> Saved parameters for CT 101
>
> # vzctl start 101