[Users] New pkg-cacher and vztmpl2

Robert Nelson robertn at the-nelsons.org
Thu Nov 20 02:10:11 EST 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alastair Neil
  To: users at openvz.org
  Cc: devel at openvz.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [Users] New pkg-cacher and vztmpl2

  I think there may be an error in the vztmpl2-centos package:

  I just tried to build a centos-5-x86_64-default template and encountered problems:

    http://Depweb-a.ite.gmu.edu:3142/openvz/centos/5/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: centos-vz-addons. Please verify its path and try again
    ERROR: Command yum check-update failed with 1 exit code

  I believe there is an error in the  /vz/template/centos/config/vzpkg.conf file

Sounds like depweb-a.ite.gmu.edu isn't running pkg-cacher.  Did you install it using "yum install pkg-cacher-sa"?  If it is running check /var/log/pkg-cacher/error.log for any problems.

  I resolved the problem by changing this entries like

    [centos-vz-addons]
    name=OpenVZ add-ons for $OS_NAME $OS_VER - $OS_ARCH
    baseurl=http://$VZPKG_CACHE_HOST/openvz/$OS_NAME/$OS_VER/$OS_ARCH/
    enabled=1
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=http://repo.opensource-sw.net/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-ossw.asc