[Users] New pkg-cacher and vztmpl2

Alastair Neil ajneil at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:39:24 EST 2008

I think there may be an error in the vztmpl2-centos package:

I just tried to build a centos-5-x86_64-default template and encountered
problems:

http://Depweb-a.ite.gmu.edu:3142/openvz/centos/5/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> centos-vz-addons. Please verify its path and try again
> ERROR: Command yum check-update failed with 1 exit code

I believe there is an error in the  /vz/template/centos/config/vzpkg.conf
file

I resolved the problem by changing this entries like

[centos-vz-addons]
> name=OpenVZ add-ons for $OS_NAME $OS_VER - $OS_ARCH
> baseurl=http://$VZPKG_CACHE_HOST/openvz/$OS_NAME/$OS_VER/$OS_ARCH/
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://repo.opensource-sw.net/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-ossw.asc

to:

[centos-vz-addons]
> name=OpenVZ add-ons for $OS_NAME $OS_VER - $OS_ARCH
> baseurl=http://rep.opensource-sw.net/$OS_NAME/$OS_VER/$OS_ARCH/
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://repo.opensource-sw.net/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-ossw.asc