[Users] New pkg-cacher and vztmpl2 [testing results]

Robert Nelson robertn at the-nelsons.org
Tue Nov 18 23:19:58 EST 2008

Thanks very much for testing this out.  I appreciate the help.

The problem with small is that something that used to depend on initscripts
no longer does, so you have to specify it explicitly.  I'll fix it in the
next release, in the interim its a one line fix.

The fix:
        Add "initscripts" to /vz/template/fedora/config/small.list

The problem with Debian Sarge doesn't happen to me.  Debian Sarge got
demoted, it was moved from the primary servers to the archive servers.   I
can think of two possibilities.  Check your /etc/pkg-cacher.conf file to
make sure the path_map has an entry for debian-archive.  The other
possibility is that the server isn't quite as reliable as the primary ones
and it was down.  You should be able to tell from checking the
/var/log/pkg-cacher/error.log file.  If you still can't tell what the
problem is then do a "kill -USR1" to the pkg-cacher process to enable debug
output.  Retry the vzpkgcache command and then send me the
/var/log/pkg-cacher/error.log and I'll see if I can figure it out.