[Users] Some questions about OpenVZ's roadmap

albinootje albinootje at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 05:07:59 EST 2008

Galia Lisovskaya wrote:

Hi everyone,

> 2008/11/13 Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>:
>> I'm sure Kir will follow up with more official answers but here is my understanding... as a fellow community member.
>
> May be, you know abount any plans for include VZ/OpenVZ in Fedora/RHEL?
> Some years ago, was news about include VZ in RHEL/Fedora mainstream.
> Also, was news about SUSE.

OpenVZ is in Debian Testing :
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=openvz

OpenVZ is in Ubuntu since a while :
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=openvz

Although not officially, OpenVZ is also in ArchLinux :
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&L=0&C=0&K=openvz&SeB=nd&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25&do_Search=Go

And as a side-note, the OpenVZ kernel in Debian Testing has modules for
btrfs :
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/btrfs-modules-2.6-openvz-686

Btrfs is, although in heavy development, a very interesting alternative
for ZFS :
http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs

Regards,