[Users] New to the List, Great Project!

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Fri May 23 15:37:39 EDT 2008

JR Richardson wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just wanted to send a test email to the list.

I'm sincere, if not original, in expressing my "Holy cow, this rocks"
gratitude to the developers. It's rock-solid, fast as can be, and highly
flexible since beancounters can be adjusted on the fly.

We've been using OpenVZ for over a year now, are hosting over 30+
servers, and are now planning the next stage of our hosting service's
infrastructure, still based on OpenVZ.

Thanks to OpenVZ, we're able to achieve high availability of
almost-equal quality (seconds of downtime during HA failover), better
backups and easier management, and about 1/3 the cost, versus hard
quotes about that other virtualization product (name rhymes with
"CMHair"). It also reinforces our company's stated commitment to
open-source solutions, which puts a warm fuzzy in my belly too.

"Thanks" and "We couldn't have done it without you" barely cover it. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA