[Users] 2.6.24 soon in debian stable?

Alexander GQ Gerasiov gq at cs.msu.su
Mon Jun 16 05:07:02 EDT 2008

Sun, 15 Jun 2008 12:23:07 +0200
Alexander Prinsier <openvz at aphexer.mailhaven.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Debian has planned the release of lenny in September [1], with it's
> freeze comming in mid July. Will the openvz patch for 2.6.24 be
> considered stable by then? Or is it still highly experimental? What
> are you planning to do with lenny?
>
> If not stable by then, all debian openvz users would be forced to
> either stick with etch, or use an older version of the kernel with
> lenny. The problem with the second is that there won't be any
> official security support, so I'd like to avoid going that way.

1. Debian Lenny will include 2.6.26, not 2.6.24
2. It's looks like OpenVZ will be included.
3. As I can see 2.6.24 openvz005 is stable enough, so I use it without
problem (and provide pre-built debian packages from my repo).

--
Best regards,
 Alexander GQ Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail:    gq at cs.msu.su             Jabber:  gq at jabber.ru
 Homepage:  http://gq.net.ru         ICQ:     7272757
 PGP fingerprint: 0628 ACC7 291A D4AA 6D7D  79B8 0641 D82A E3E3 CE1D