[Users] How to kill dead container (init is dead)

Andrey Mirkin major at openvz.org
Thu Jul 31 05:05:20 EDT 2008

Hello,

On Thursday 31 July 2008 12:12 Pongracz Istvan wrote:
> I sent you the source (script) of vzdump directly from the server.
> That tool created by proxmox.de
I have received it. This utility call suspend, rsync and resume. So, if
someone interrupted it during rsync a container can left in frozen state.

> As you wrote, I think it is possible that the container left in frozen
> state.
> I use ext3 in my vz partition.
>
> I will read the vzdump later, but the question is, is that possible to
> wake up the container somehow?
> Again, I will read vzdump later, so, to answer is not necessery (yet :)
Yes, you can resume container manually with help of:
vzctl chkpnt CTID --resume

> If you need something, just drop me a mail.
Can you please also grep /var/log/messages for "CPT" messages. And please post
here all recent logs from /var/log/vzctl.log for your container.

Regards,
Andrey