[Users] Shell job control in VEs

Tim Hudson tim.hudson at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 06:16:49 EST 2008

Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Tim Hudson wrote:
>> Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
>>> I have just checked and it works for me (using kernel
>>> 2.6.18-028stab051).
>>> Could you try using 2.6.18 (i.e. stable) kernels, or 2.6.24? Note
>>> that 2.6.20 (as well as 2.6.22) is frozen and unsupported.
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response!
>>
>> As you suspected it works fine in 2.6.18-ovz-028stab051.1-smp - but I
>> had problems with building that release from source
>
> Can you elaborate here?

I starting from a fresh git checkout of 2.6.18 from the main repository and
rebuilt everything cleanly and didn't hit the problem I did with the pre-canned
setup I grabbed before. I can add in the modules I needed and have a nicely
working setup.

Thanks for the pointers to getting away from the non-supported 2.6.20 release
which resolved the original issue. It would be good to see some Wiki entry or
some note somewhere indicating not to use 2.6.20 (and I assume 2.6.22 from your
email) as "frozen" doesn't communicate do-not-use to me at least.

Tim.