[Users] IPv6 ?? *SOLVED*

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Wed Jan 30 10:32:15 EST 2008

Benoit Branciard a écrit :

> - IPv6 VS doesn't work !!! (ping6 works *only* between VS and hardware
> node, not from external sources; VS has IPv6 address correctly defined,
> as per ifconfig).

For list archives:

It was caused by a small bug in vzctl scripts which handle
"NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=detect" feature introduced in vzctl 3.0.22 : neighbour
devices were not detected for IPv6.

Fix is here:
http://git.altlinux.org/people/ldv/packages/?p=vzctl.git;a=commitdiff;h=maint

Thanks to Jan, Kir and Dmitry !

> I suspected it may be useful to set sysctl
> net.ipv6.conf.<iface>.forwarding to 1, but :
> - this turns the box in "router" mode, disabling RA acceptance from
> default router (annoying)

IPv6 forwarding is still mandatory, but this implies manual
configuration of IP address, netmask and default route on hardware node.
This last point may be annoying: in our case the default route is
hardware-dependent, so if some day we need to replace the router (or the
router interface), default route will become invalid and manual
reconfiguration of all openVZ hardware nodes will be needed.
Too bad Linux kernel doesn't allow enabling forwarding without disabling
autoconfiguration.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.