[Users] Re: time wait bucket table overflow

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Jan 16 04:11:07 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 09:35 +0300, vaverin wrote:

> Hi Cliff,
>
> I think network stress testing can create much more time wait buckets.
> It is information message and not an error therefore IMHO it is not a
> problem for you.

I was concerned because I was seeing odd results during testing (the ab
test was running 500-1000 concurrent connections).  Most of the
connections finished in <2ms but a few would take almost as long as the
entire test (15s).  This may be an ab bug however.

> Do you want to allow it? Try to increase
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_tw_buckets (global limit)
> and
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_tw_buckets_ub (per-VE limit, but host
> system itself accounts like ususal VE)
> values.

Yes, I tried this.  Apparently I did not go high enough.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Cliff