[Users] Re: 4gb seg fixup - centos5 HN and VE, with Xen

Henrik Holmboe henrik at holmboe.se
Tue Dec 16 07:36:46 EST 2008

++ 02/12/08 14:10 -0800 - Max Vohra:
>In my experience, the 4gb fixup errors occur on a 64bit system with over 4GB
>of memory and a 32 bit dom0 kernel, with PAE enabled, and TLS enabled in the
>DomU. Moving /lib/tls to /lib/tls.disabled and running ldconfig in the domU
>should fix the warning, but threading will be SLOW.

My system is 32bit, and I have 5GB RAM with PAE enabled in the dom0
kernel (Centos 2.6.18-92.1.18.el5xen).

However I have tried to move /lib/tls away and run ldconfig in the
OpenVZ domU but that has not solved the problem.

Note that the Centos domU kernel does not have this problem at all on
the same hardware (meaning no workaround like the above is needed). It's
when running the combination of a Xen domU with OpenVZ patches
(2.6.18-92.1.13.el5.028stab059.6xen) that I see this problem.

Thoguht I'd send this clarification for the archives. There is no clear
solution for now.

Thanks,
Henrik

--