[Users] Re: 4gb seg fixup - centos5 HN and VE, with Xen

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Tue Dec 2 09:29:58 EST 2008

Henrik Holmboe <henrik at holmboe.se>
writes:

> ++ 27/11/08 15:48 +0100 - Aleksandar Ivanisevic:
>>I have the same problem with the same setup, so at least it is
>>reproducible ;)
>
> Good to know. Do you experience any problem with a plain Xen domU
> (provided by Centos, and thus without OpenVZ)?

Nothing out of the ordinary ;)

>>Is this causing any real problems for you except messed up console and
>>syslog filling with useless messgaes?
>
> Not really. But as Marcin suggested I guess it degrades the performance.
> And I don't have a good feeling about it. :) I would of course
> appreciate if someone more knowledgeable would say if I need to worry.

Right now I'm running one fully virtualized xen DomU without xen
kernel in it and I'm planning to switch to paravirt and compare
application performance.

BTW I'm not sure which is the more stable/preferred way of running
xen+ovz: xen kernel without ovz in dom0 and then paravirt
ovzkernel-xen domU with VEs inside, or vice versa: ovzkernel-xen in
dom0 + a mix of VEs and DomUs running in dom0. I'll be trying the
former. mainly because its a smaller step in my environment.

--
To sto si frustriran, zavidan tko zna na cemu i sto ne vidis dalje od
svoje guzice je tuzno. Da onda barem imas toliko samokontrole da